Whether you choose to get involved to gain exposure, build your competencies, gain leadership experience or give back to the profession, you’ll find a meaningful way to participate in the NASTT community.
Why Get Involved in the South Central Chapter?
- Build a power network of trenchless professionals in your area.
- Find local business resources.
- Learn about projects and solutions near you.
- Grow your expertise at regular meetings with your peers.
- Become a recognized leader on behalf of the OK, TX, LA trenchless community.
Hands-on Volunteer Opportunities to Advance Your Career
- Present your technical paper at local seminars and conferences.
- Write articles for NASTT-SC Publications
- Serve on a committee or the chapter board.
- Be a mentor to students.
- Help get the word out on local projects and trenchless news.
- Host Student field trips to Trenchless construction sites.
- Guest lecture at UTA- University of Texas at Arlington, Oklahoma State in Stillwater, or LA Tech in Ruston, LA
NASTT’s South Central Student Chapters
Today’s students are the future of the trenchless technology industry, and they will be tomorrow’s problem solvers who help turn ideas into reality.
NASTT student resources engage students in trenchless technology to help them start their career empowered by professional networks, education and knowledge, research, volunteer experience, and NASTT awards and scholarships.
The South Central Chapter committees provide a wide array of opportunities for both elected board members and the wider WESTT membership to actively participate in our regional trenchless community. We are continuously seeking willing volunteers to help in a variety of positions, with commitments ranging from very little time to more in-depth committee positions.
- Education and Training. The Education and Training Committee coordinates and promotes the Chapter’s annual fall conference that travels throughout Texas, Oklahoma, & Louisiana. Conferences are shelf sufficient and sponsored by various corporate participants. Presenters provide technical content and throughout the day there are opportunities to network with other trenchless professionals. Shawn Garcia- Board Member.
- Student Scholarship Committee. Solicits student scholarships for the NASTT-SC chapter annual scholarships. The committee is comprised of trenchless industry professionals. Candidate applications are evaluated by the group which then nominates the “3 Scholarships”. Student Chapters. Provides local contacts and outreach to NASTT Student Chapter at the University of Texas at Arlington, TX, Oklahoma State in Stillwater, OK, and Louisiana Tech in Ruston, LA. Nik Taylor- Treasurer
- Website. Supports the development of the NASTT-SC website. Justin Taylor, Vice-Chair.
Special Interest Areas
Municipalities interested in applying trenchless technology in a proactive manner can rely on NASTT-SC to foster education, research and act as a catalyst for effective technological and process change. We recognize that there is an evolving role for trenchless technologies and in helping infrastructure managers to ensure system performance and reliability.